All administration of a Backup Lizard/Livedrive Business account is done through the web portal.
After you sign up, you will be emailed your own custom url for web portal access that will look like this: https://yourbusinessname.livedrive.com/.
In the Business Admin portal you can review usage, manage & add new users, including modifying how much space they are allocated for each of Backup and Briefcase, and you can manage & add Team Folders, including setting user permissions.
The Users tab is used for the creation and management of user accounts. By default the user who registered the account is automatically assigned with admin rights.
The Backup Lizard/Livedrive Admin Users has the ability to create and manage user accounts via the Admin Portal.
To login to the Business Admin Portal, click here.*admin rights are required for login
Once logged into the Admin Portal, to create or add a user:
1. Click on the Users tab
2. Then click on the Add User button
3. Enter the user’s:
– First Name & Last Name
– Email Address (for Livedrive)
– Confirm Password
– User Level (Standard for normal users, or Administrator if you wish them to also have Admin rights)
– Max Computers (how many devices the user can install the software on)
4. Backup: enable or disable whether the user is allowed use of Livedrive Backup. If so, how much space they are allowed. Default space is 50GB however any amount can be entered up to your account quota.
5. Briefcase: enable or disable whether the user is allowed use of Livedrive Briefcase. If so, how much space they are allowed. Default space is 50GB however any amount can be entered up to your account quota.
6. Team Folders: select which Team Folders the user has permissions over, and whether they have Read Only or Read Write access.
7. Show Advanced Options: enable or disable advanced options for user
8. Finally click the Add New User button to create the account
Please note that your first user is automatically created with email address of the person who created the Business account and is created with the default amounts of 50GB each for Backup and Briefcase. These values can be changed at any time through the Admin portal the same as any other user in the Business account.
You can delete a user account from your Business Admin Portal.
To login to your Admin Portal, click here.*admin rights are required for login
Once logged in, to delete a user account:
1. Click on Users
2. Click on the email address of the user you wish to delete
3. Click on the Delete User button
4. Enter the phrase ‘DELETE’ into the text field
5. Click Delete
Backup Lizard/Livedrive Business Accounts are able to create Team Folders.
Team Folders can be found within and is similar to Briefcase, but with the ability to be seen by multiple users within the Business account as set by the Business Admin User.
Each Team Folder can be set up with permissions that control whether a user has access to it.
The options are:
No Access – user is unable to see Team Folder
Read Only Access – user can see Team Folder and the contents, but cannot edit contents
Read Write Access – user can see the Team Folder and the contents, and edit contents
The permissions apply to the the Team Folder and any contents within the Team Folder – it isn’t possible to set different permissions on the contents of a single Team Folder but instead should create additional Team Folders as required.
Team Folders allows collaboration between multiple users. Files can be accessed and edit by users all at the same time. The first user to save their changes commits the changes. All other changes will be saved as another file version, e.g. mydocument (2).doc
By default, business accounts have two team folders:
– Internal: Files placed within this folder is only visible to your users who have be given permission (read only or read-write)
– Public: Files placed within this folder will be visible to the public via your personal web address (e.g.mybusinessname.livedrive.com)
View a list of computers that Backup Lizard/Livedrive has been installed and users using Backup Lizard/Livedrive on the computer.
Brand your web portal and sharing pages with your company colors and logo.